Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oh Happy Day!!!!

Today has got to be one of the happiest day of my life.

First, I must tell you. I have had the worst week ever.

Four days ago, I just realized that I have to move out of my dorm by next Friday, have to look for a place to stay before that, have to get an internship before May 1st, have to study for my finals, have to pack.. basically,there are a lot of have to(s).

Today's events turned everything around!

I went for a haircut with Janae at 'The Rock'.


#1. Janae got highlights. Haha! She is going to kill me for putting up this picture.

I love my hair now by the way. Of course it helps to have one of the coolest hairdressers ever.


#2. Jay and I. Coolest hairdresser ever!

Then Janae and I went for sushi at my aunt's. Had a satisfying meal.

Seeing as I was homeless at that moment, I asked my aunt if I could live with her.. and she said yes!

Wait. The best part has yet to come though.

On the way back home, I got to see an owl. (And no. This is not the best part)


#3. Isn't that cool. I have never seen an owl up close, till today.

I was happy so far. Great hair cut. No longer homeless. Got to see an owl for the first time. I was more or less in a happy mood.

Then I reached home, turned on my laptop. Checked my e-mail as usual, and........................

.................................


.............................


.......................


...................


...................


................


Wait for it.....................


................................


..........................


....................


...............


............


......

I GOT THE INTERNSHIP AT FOX4 MORNING BLEND!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!! I was ecstatic. I was screaming, jumping up and down, you name it. Calling my dad and friends shrieking! I even left my professor (she is in charge of internships) a voice mail telling her the good news. I was practically insane for at least half an hour.

Explanation:

Okay. For those of you who are confused, let me explain.

I went for an interview at Fox4 Morning Blend on Monday. It is a TV broadcast, and I had a great experience there. I job shadow-ed an intern, and got to see the behind-the-scenes stuff. I really wanted the internship! Before I left, the executive producer told me she would call me the next day(Tues) to tell me if I got the intern.

I waited.. and waited.. and waited. By the end of Tuesday, I was devastated. I was pretty much 100% sure I wasn't going to get the internship seeing as they haven't call me, but I wanted a confirmation.

So, I sent a thank you e-mail to the executive producer to thank her for the opportunity, but also to get a response from them, even if it is a confirmation that I didn't get the intern. She didn't respond for almost two days. Finally, today, when I checked my e-mail, she replied,

"Audrey,
I'd like to take this opportunity to offer you a FOX4 Morning Blend
Internship. Please let me know if you're still interested and your
start date, we can work out your schedule.
"

OMG!!! You really have no idea how happy I was/am.

End of story.

From being homeless and jobless to having a home and job for summer is fantastic news.

Hence, the good day~

But I still have finals and Japanese homework that I need to take care of. At least my finals isn't as tough as Janae's. She has anatomy (or was it physics) final exam next Monday, so she has to learn approximately 400 note cards.

I crack up every time I see her stack of note cards that she has to learn/memorize. She has the most interesting study system I've ever seen.


#4. She makes up categories to see which one she needs to go over and stuff. Humor aside, this is a pretty good study method. I am thinking of adopting it.

And that concludes my happy day story. I am still so happy whenever I think about the internship. Starting to get a little nervous but I shall do my best! ^^

No comments: