Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First time for everything

I would never admit this but I just realize that I am in fact a closet chicken. No. I am not talking about being an undercover prostitute. Nor am I talking about the fact that I am afraid of taking up a challenge. And no, Danny. I am not talking about being afraid of your parents or your siblings.

I am talking about why I always attend classes and never miss any. I know I miss some sometimes when I am late or when I overslept, but those are unintentional.

I just realize that I am afraid because... actually, I still don't know why I am afraid. I know I am afraid because it can affect my overall grade in class. I also know that I am afraid that I might miss some important announcement/tips that the professor might all of a sudden think of giving.

Sigh, I think I shouldn't even say that I am a closet chicken. I don't miss classes cause it will drive me crazy.

How do I know this? Well, it is because I just missed two classes this morning. AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

I didn't mean to miss my classes. I have a valid reason for doing so. PMS got in the way.

It kept me up all night and it wasn't till 9:30 in the morning did I take a pain killer pill. I am usually against taking too much of these pain killers cause I heard it is not good when you are pregnant, but if it hadn't been for my roommate's pill, I don't think I would have been able to go to work too.

After HOURS of tossing and turning while squirming in pain, I finally fell asleep at 10a.m. but five minutes later my alarm rang. I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. I took half an hour to weigh my choices.

I could miss my 11a.m. class since there is no quiz scheduled for that day but risk missing important tips or being marked down for being absent. Sleep took over not long after these options enter my mind. So I decided to take the risk.

I really did thought of going to my 12:30 class, but I overslept. I am not as worried as I am with my earlier class though cause I am doing pretty well in my 12:30 class. Since I've never used my two unexcused absences in that class before, I skipped that class too.

Now, it is driving me crazy. I keep wondering what I have missed in those two classes. It bothered me for the whole day. Luckily, my friend informed me that my 11a.m. professor let them out early after returning our exam papers and did not take attendance. I can only hope she did not mark me down.

Lets hope now I don't miss any more classes from here on out.

edit:
It is like I jinx myself or something. After writing this post, I went to bed.. and guess what.

I MISSED MY FREAKING 9:30a.m. CLASS!!! DAMN IT!!!!!

No comments: